In the next step we are going to need to make some really loud beeps to calibrate latency.
Please turn your volume all the way up. Take your headphones off your head, and position the earpieces as close as possible to your mic. On a mac laptop this is near the "esc" key. Press "start" when ready.
If you've changed something about your audio setup since your last visit, press "recalibrate". Otherwise press "start" to begin.
- If you don't hear anything, is your speaker unmuted?
- If you do hear beeps but #beeps detected is not counting up, turn up the volume.
- If the beeps are very loud but it's still not counting up, try refreshing the page and changing your input device.
- Other things to try:
- Restarting your browser.
- Restarting your computer.
- Switching to another browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Safari)
- Refreshing the page and choosing "Only Listening" to skip calibration.
It's fine to continue without calibration if you just to sing along, but your audio can't be sent out for everyone else to hear unless we know exactly how much client-side latency you have.
#beeps detected ...